Listen to the Latest Interview (00:52:51)
In this episode we welcome entrepreneur Josh Dorkin. He’s built the leading real estate investing, social networking community and resource portal on the Internet BiggerPockets.com. We dig into this amazing community to learn why Josh built Bigger Pockets, how he’s made it successful along with the reasons you should be building your own community right now!
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Josh:
- 01:50 : How Josh started the largest real estate investing platform online community, BiggerPockets, the purpose behind building it and how he grew this community to close to 500k members in 11 ½ years.
- [05:11] : The mistakes, iterations, time, suffering, sacrifices and patience involved in building his site in and how not quitting had paid off for Josh in the long run.
- [06:34] : How he makes sure his community understands the concept behind BiggerPockets and the difference between Josh’s site and everyone else’s,
- 10:48 : Why Josh chooses not to sell courses and how BiggerPockets help people by giving them the ability to look at lots of ideas and opinions about the same thing to be able to make a decision which way to go by themselves. Read More
Listen to the Latest Interview (00:28:33)
The Countdown Has Started Only A Few Hours Left Until #MDMC2016
In the last episode we talked with sales superstar Melinda Chen who developed a sales system to help women connect with big clients. Melinda observed that several women she knew were making money but weren’t focusing on the bigger clients I’m sure you’ll find this one interesting so check out the full episode here Ep70
In this episode I have the pleasure of talking with one of my mentors and someone I consider to be a close friend and all around wonderful person Professor Perry Drake. Perry is one of the founders of the Midwest Digital Marketing Conference #MDMC16 and Professor of Digital and Social Media Marketing at the University of Missouri in St. Louis. Prior to this role he was an Assistant Professor of Integrated Marketing at New York University NYU.
We touch on why #MDMC16 is so important to the region and how the concept for the conference started along with some of the very compelling reasons people should be excited to attend this year’s sold out event. Some of the things we talk about are: Read More
Listen to the Latest Interview
In the episode EP69 we meet Jeffrey Shaw a master photographer, business coach and public speaker. Jeffrey build his first million dollar a year business serving the most affluent families in America. Check out Jeffery’s interview here: EP69
My latestes guest Melinda Chen developed a sales system to help women connect with big clients. Melinda observed that several women she knew were making money but weren’t focusing on the bigger clients. She’s been in sales for 15 years, worked the trade show circuit, the financial industry and even the sporting goods industry.
Melinda’s passion for the sales process is inspiring. She shared this strategy in the interview so I wanted to make sure you have it. Jump to this strategy here => [07:24 ]
Melinda Chen’s strategies for overcoming objections in pricing:
- Get your attitude ready – Meaning get into the right mindset to be ready for the objections that may come.
- When getting pricing objections be ready to understand and ask your clients which part of the pricing makes them uncomfortable.
- Always be ready to redirect your client’s attention away from pricing towards what’s important for their business.