Real Money Answers for Men Ep43
Listen to the Latest Interview (01:07:35)
Don't Miss An Episode
Exclusive Email Only Content
Patrice Washington, my first three-time guest, has become my first official co-host for the year 2015.
Patrice is the financial voice of the Steve Harvey Morning Show, is a nationally recognized featured columnist, television commentator, #1 bestselling author, speaker and leading authority on personal finance and entrepreneurship.
Today Patrice launched her third book Real Money Answers for Men – The Ultimate Playbook for Financial Success on the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Check out what Steve Had the Say about Patrice
[ez_box title=”The PlayBook You’ve Been Waiting For” color=”green”]
“Fellas, this is the playbook you’ve been waiting for. Patrice C. Washington is America’s Rising Star in personal finance. I’ve personally watched her grow from her college days into a brilliant business woman who isn’t afraid to share her own financial success and failures in order to help others. Make no mistake about it, this young woman is here to change lives and provide Real Money Answers so EVERYONE can win the money game.” – Steve Harvey”
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Patrice:
- Our discussion about what motivates a man to make money, how men handle business, relationships, and what can prevent some men from pursuing their dreams of entrepreneurship.
- The practical tips cover like fixing your relationships first to see results in your financial journey and empowering the hustle in people to motivate them to want more in life.
- The warning signs and red flags of a financially irresponsible person so you can choose wisely and insights on where some of these behaviors may have originated
- Pushing for a paradigm shift on the mindset of communities when it comes to money such as having the perception that money is evil and that having money can give you a ticket to act in ways which are not respectable,
- Her advice for young men on how to build a healthy financial foundation. Here’s a hint it has to do with mentors.
- For couples, the value of treating your partnership as a team and erasing the ‘his and mine’ mindset when it comes to money.
- What being the CEO of your Life, taking control, taking responsibility, and owning your failures is key to your personal growth.
And so much
Quotes that Patrice mentioned in this episode:
- Information without implementation is useless.
- If you don’t get your relationships in order, it doesn’t matter how well you invest or how much you save as you will still end up in the same place: broke.
- A real need inspires real motivation.
- Everybody works so hard to be respected but they are not acting respectable. Its how you show up in the world and what you do for other people that makes you respectable.
- It’s hard to become what you don’t see. If you don’t have an immediate example around you, it’s still your job to look for one. If you can’t find it, create it.
- Vision is seeing things that don’t exist but having that foresight to know it is possible and just holding on and believing in that.
- Be okay with learning what you need to learn to have the success that you want to have.
- No matter where you have been through financially and no matter what you will go through, if you can’t let go of the blame, the shame and the complaining, you’ll never be able to find progress again.
Patrice has continued to amaze me with the success of her endeavors so I urge you to listen to the entire interview and not to miss out on her book available now.
Share your takeaways by leaving your thoughts in the comments below.
Where to Find Patrice Online:
Singleton Singleton was so generous to give me permission to use their music on this podcast so make sure to check them out. Also like them on Facebook: Like Singleton on Facebook