We learned how to build an irresistible pitch with “The Pitch Whisperer” John Livesay. John gave priceless tips in pitching for Start-ups and podcast sponsorship including co-branding to get an advantage, and the importance of being clear and concise with you branding. Our guest in this episode Shelley Davidescu, a business mentor for health and wellness coaches.
Shelley Davidescu is a Business Mentor for Health & Wellness coaches looking to monetize their passion for health in the online space. As the founder of a successful Food Coaching Business Clean Forks, Shelley spills the secrets on community building and building powerful systems that can help coaches tell better brand stories.
Shelley shares why Facebook is her strongest platform and the new developments with Facebook Live can help explode your growth to quickly become a sought after resource. Jump to that part of the show [15:44]
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Shelley:
- [22:00]: The number one reason “heart-centered” professionals have a hard time with the selling process.
- : About Shelley’s scared, shitless moment: leaving her 9×5 job to pursue her entrepreneurship dream full time.
- [06:23]: The sacrifices she had made after taking the leap, and the consistency and focus it took to make things work.
- [07:47]: Shelley’s primary customer base and her advice on how to spread your message effectively across social media, including focusing on your own brand and systematizing your stories.
- [12:39]: Tips on how to build your community and where to start including choosing the platform where you enjoy being, progressively shifting to doing video and treating small audiences as gold.
- [17:20]: The importance of building an email list.
- [18:22]: How she made a big sale via Facebook Messenger and why being vulnerable can get people to reach out to you.
Words Of Wisdom
- Identify different types of stories that you can sprinkle throughout social media in a way that’s authentic and relatable.
- Don’t underestimate the power of four followers because happy followers get results and will tell other people.
- The importance of building your email list to connect on a more personal relationship with your tribe.
Connect with Shelley Online:
Book Pre – Launch
I’ve been announcing over the past couple of weeks that I was offered a book deal with Morgan James publishing to help get my book Master Your Message into book stores and anywhere books are sold. It’s an exciting time here on the podcast and in my life to have the honor of publishing a book with a traditional publisher.
Click the link below to watch the short video I created for you and get ready for the second video to go live soon. We don’t have a date yet for when the book is going to hit the streets but if you get on the email list you will hear about it first.
The following section is to highlight and talk about products I use and would personally recommend. Understand that with some of these recommendations I may be paid an affiliate commision if you choose to purchase or sign-up with the service. This will not cost you any additional money but does help keep the show going.
Introducing ScreenFlow Partnership – Screen Recording
I used ScreenFlow for the SnapChat for Business video I posted back in January. Check out some of my quick tips on using Snapchat and it’s done with ScreenFlow. It’s here: http://vernonross.com/snapchat-for-business/
I personally use ScreenFlow on an almost daily basis and have been for a few years. It’s a much better solution than other more expensive programs out there and it’s quick to pick up and start using right out of the box. If you attended Podcast Midwest last year you know that Telestream among others sponsored a 4 license give away for my listeners and attendees of the podcast.
Podcasting and Media Hosting
Just use Promo Code: VRPODBEANFREE when you sign up. At the end of the trial you still have the free option so it’s a no brainer. For more details and to check out our other “Friends of the Podcast” <= Click the Link
I’ve worked out an exclusive deal with Spreaker and seriously I’m the only one right now that can offer this deal. When you click on the Spreaker banner of the image this post you will automatically get a 30 Day trial for any of the Pro packages Spreaker offers. Not just a free Broadcaster account but up to the $119 a month account usually reserved for radio stations.